As a pregnant mother, many things are on your mind: nursery ideas, baby names, family traditions, and even nutrition. Now, our Dental Center team can’t necessarily help you with the first three things, but we can definitely help you with the last. If you have a healthy and balanced diet during your pregnancy, your smile and body will remain healthy and strong—as well as your baby’s. So, to help you take care of yourself, we recommend doing the following things:
· Do your best to eat as many healthy foods as possible, like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products (like milk, cheese, and yogurt).
· Try to limit your sugar intake each day. It’s best to avoid eating cookies, candy, and cake, and it’s also best to avoid drinking sugary drinks like soda, juice, and soft drinks.
· As you snack, choose to eat foods like fruits, veggies, yogurt, and cheese.
· It’s very important to drink fluoridated water throughout the day, so do your best to drink it as much as possible. Another great drink to consume is milk. We do not recommend drinking large amounts of juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks.
· If you hardly have an appetite because of nausea, we recommend eating small, healthy meals and snacks throughout the day instead of trying to eat big, heavy ones.
For more information and details, please call 801.224.6165 and talk to our friendly dental team. We also encourage you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Douglas B Ball if you have any concerns or if you need to schedule your next cleaning appointment. We are happy to help you!