1. Brush and Floss – Brushing and flossing are two of the most important things you can do to improve your smile. Brush and floss everyday to effectively prevent cavities and improve the appearance of your teeth, contributing to a brighter smile.
2. Eat Fruits and Veggies – Eating raw fruits and vegetables helps produce saliva, which helps remove bacteria and prevents discoloring of the teeth. Once the bacteria are removed, teeth are whitened by the properties found in raw fruits and vegetables.
3. Regular Dental Visits– Dental visits should take place annually. Visiting the dentist frequently is one of the easiest and most effective ways to improve your smile. Dental visits give dentists the opportunity to examine your oral health and clean your teeth, making your smile brighter.
4. Teeth Whitening – There are many teeth-whitening products that will brighten your smile. Before starting any treatments, consult your dentist to see what treatment would be best for you. Whitening kits can be bought in stores, or the procedure can be done at the dentist office.
5. Water – Swish your mouth with water after eating to avoid food stains on the teeth, keeping them white throughout the day.
6. Braces – Braces straighten and improve the outward appearance of teeth. While braces used to be limited in versatility, there are now plenty of styles to choose from, according to personal preference.
Information via American Dental Association